The challenge is open to all individuals or teams, academic or corporate, existing or
newly developed localization microscopy software.
Participation is free.
The challenge is turn on a permanent challenge.
How to register?
To announce your participation,
send an email to
indicating the name
of the software that you want to represent and the name of a contact person.
How to participate?
- Pre-register by send an email with the name of the software and a contact name
- Choose one or several modalities: 2D, AS (3D-astigmatism), DH (3D-double-helix) or BP (3D-biplane)
- Download the datasets and the z-stack of beads for your calibration.
- Submit your documents
Documents to submit
- 3 questionnaires, general information, usability, and computational time
- 1 wobble correction process: localization on the z-stack of beads, wooble correction file, or localization already corrected by the software
- 4 localization files of a given category/modality
- File format: the results of the localization are given in a delimiter-separated values text file, typically in a coma-separated values (CSV)
or tab-separated values (TSV/TAB). The unreadable lines are discarded (e.g. NaN).
- At least the following columns: X, Y, Z, frame, number of photons. The organizers reserve the right to permute the columns.
- To better fit the same origin, the organizers reserve the right to apply the following offset: -50nm on X (1/2 pixel), -50nm on Y (1/2 pixel),
-750 nm (focal plane at 750nm), +1 frame (index of first frame is 1).
Challenge discussion forum
Biomedical Imaging Group, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland
Last update: 31 Mar 2017